Experiments from March and April for a more streamlined way to make diary comics.
I’ve been working on some pieces under a different guise for a project based around a single character (and some yet to be designed supporting characters)
These paintings, illustrations etc can be found on Instagram over at @anaseed_art
Experimental piece from a month or two ago, a silent comic drawn without pencils or planning.
I’ve been using the printed version of Duzida to write short comics that add something to world.
Here’s the comic from issue 2 which takes place around a year before the issue 1 begins.
I’m working on one for issue 3 as I write this about the Metazurians reaching Earth for the first time. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about you can read Duzida here) They’re also a good excuse for me to experiment with layouts, which will be more apparent with the next one.
I received a message from frequent collaborator Victor Santiago in the autumn saying we had been commissioned for another IceFire and Black Sword comic (you can read the previous one here)
IceFire & BlackSword was written by Victor Santiago who’s work you can find over at warpvector.net and also @warpvector on Twitter and IG
I’ve been sporadically making diary comics again.
Here’s a few from the last couple of months.
Here’s a comic I worked on with writer Victor Santiago earlier in the year. It was for an anthology, but here it is on my blog for you to read instead. These are some of my favourite pages from this year.
Here’s some more visual diary entries from the past month-ish.
I’ve tried my best to avoid talking about COVID/ Lockdown etc as much as possible, as hard as it was at times.
As this is (partially) univerity work, I was asked as part of the module to draw some entries with my eyes closed and honestly, I love them.
While I’ve been studying I’ve gotten in to making my own fonts, which is something I’ve wanted to dabble in for a while. Going back in to education gave me an excuse to finally make them.
Butternut Regular is my most recent typeface. This was the first one I used a grid to make, the other have been completly freehand. Why Butternut? Cos the letters are… squashed.
Eat The Rich based on some hand written text from some posters I made in the past. I made it to save time more than anything. Kinda ironically, I’ve not really used this one.
BozoRoboGX was also made as a time saving measure. The idea was to use this for lettering comics but when it’s used in speech bubbles I’m not super happy with the kerning, it’s fixable, but it takes away the point of it being time saving. Though it has come in handy for a number of projects, both personal and academic.
For a project at uni I need to keep a visual diary for the next 6 months. I’ve been posting them on instagram daily(ish) under @bozodiary, I’ll post a selection of them here each month.